October 13, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Freestyle Connection Muscle Up Master Class: Reedley, CA
The Freestyle Connection Muscle Up Master Class is an intensive 2 hour course dedicated to examining the muscle up. This course breaks down the different types of muscle ups with the goals of:
- Identifying the 4 different styles of muscle ups and the parts within them.
- Sharing strategies to conceptually and physically develop each part of each style of muscle up.
Participants will gain transferable insight on the muscle up that can be applied to you and/or your athlete’s practice. The course format consists of practical theory work and discussion, as well as low intensity full group and small group progression and skill work. Participants will learn how to:
- Choose what style of muscle up is right for you to start exploring with.
- Identify the core parts of each muscle up style.
- Execute skills and drills that yield the highest returns in performance.
- Breakdown, redevelop, and apply the information to your practice.
After the course participants will have the tools to be able to:
- Recognize, scale, and progress movement patterns to maximize motor control.
- Know how to prioritize strength of a movement versus skill.
- Identify how pushing and pulling mechanics develops complete and transferable movement patterns.
- Apply these concepts to the muscle up.
This course is appropriate for movers, athletes, coaches, trainers, gym owners, and fitness enthusiasts of all abilities. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to participate.
TIMELINE – 2 HRS
00:10-00:30 Master positions
00:30-00:45 Hanging and pulling mechanice
00:45-01:00 Kipping versus swinging
01:00-01:15 Transition work
01:15-01:30 Strict versus kipping muscle up
01:45-01:55 Accessory work
01:55-02:00 Closing remarks
The course will be given in English unless specified otherwise on the registration page.
The price for 1st time participants is $100 USD. The price for repeat master class participants is $50 USD. An Installment Plan is available for 1st time participants. Contact Support to receive the repeat price or to set up an Installment Plan. Freestyle cannot accommodate refunds. You can find the Cancellation and Refund Policy on the course registration page.
A certificate of participation is available upon completion of the course at request.