April 6, 2019, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Freestyle Seminar: Sydney, Australia
The Freestyle Seminar is an introduction to the Freestyle framework and philosophy for movement and life. This seminar provides preparatory knowledge of Coach Carl Paoli’s Freestyle approach to functional movement training with the goals of:
- Understanding the “Position-Movement-Purpose” framework, with which all levels of movement can be analyzed and dissected.
- Learning how to safely and efficiently train and perform functional movements to build a bigger foundation.
- Gaining the ability to develop your own progressions and skill transfer opportunities to perform higher level movements adaptable to any type of training or sport.
The Freestyle seminar is a practical course designed to explore human movement regardless of your discipline. The course format consists of group lecture and discussion as well as low intensity full group and small group progression and skill work. As a result, participants will learn how to:
- Turn on and trust your intuition about movement.
- Execute movement that yields the highest level of returns.
- Identify the core movement patterns and progression underlying all disciplines.
- Learn what being strong really means.
After the seminar participants will have the tools to be able to:
- Recognize, scale, and progress movement patterns to maximize motor control.
- Prioritize joint movement for optimal application of force.
- Identify how pushing and pulling mechanics develops complete and transferable movement patterns.
- Apply these concepts to your practice.
This seminar is appropriate for movers, athletes, coaches, trainers, gym owners, and fitness enthusiasts of all abilities. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to participate.
TIMELINE – 6 HRS
00:00 – 00:15 Welcome and agenda
00:15 – 1:00 Freestyle framework
01:00 – 01:10 Break
0:1:10 – 02:00 Movement control
02:00 – 02:15 Pushing mechanics
02:15 – 03:00 Handstand work
03:00 – 03:45 Lunch break
03:45 – 04:30 Squatting mechanics
04:30 – 04:35 Break
04:35 – 05:15 Hanging and pulling mechanics
05:15 – 05:30 Muscle up work
05:30 – 05:55 The get up
05:55 – 06:00 The meaning of life
The seminar will be given in English unless specified otherwise on the registration page.
The price for 1st time participants is $295 USD. The price for repeat participants is $150 USD. Installment Plans are available for 1st time participants. Contact Support to receive the repeat price or to set up an Installment Plan. Freestyle cannot accommodate refunds. You can find the Cancellation and Refund Policy on the course registration page.
This course fulfills continuing education credit for select entities. A certificate of participation is available upon request.